Summer 2019 Graphic Design Internship
Do you thrive in a team driven work environment? Are you excited to create work with impact? Does getting your hands on various design tasks excite you? Ghost Note Agency is looking for a Graphic Design Intern to help create and assist in a wide variety of print and digital materials. Our ideal intern is able to work independently at times and is proficient in using Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, etc.). This position is for a designer who wants to gain experience in a small agency, strengthen their design skill set, and is willing to push their creativity and skills.
Some tasks include but are not limited to:
• Creating graphics for web and various social media outlets, sometimes creating animated graphics may be needed.
• Print design tasks such as: publication design, creation of branding collateral, and some print production assistance.
• Be able to do research, conceptualize and brainstorm ideas with the team.
• UX/UI research and other web design tasks as needed.
• Able to use existing brand guidelines but also able to think of fresh and creative ways for existing brands.
Qualifications and Skills
• Ability to take direction for all types of projects and work under the direction of creative department.
• Be able to work on a project from start-to-finish or jump into a project that has already been started.
• Be comfortable in sharing work and articulating the ideas behind it.
• Thrives in a team environment but is also a problem solver who’s able to work independently at times.
• Has 1-2 years Graphic Design or related experience .
• Very proficient in Adobe Creative cloud (Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, etc.)
• Print production experience (no problems reaching out to printers and knows print language).
• Great typography skills.
• Must be able to deliver quick turnarounds if necessary.
Other Skills (A+ Candidate):
• Illustration skills.
• UX/UI prototyping experience (Adobe XD)
• Experience using Wordpress.
• Ability to work at a fast pace and respond effectively to changing requests.
This is an unpaid internship that includes a fulfillment of college credit requirements.
Ghost Note is located within the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Our agency has been in business since 2011. Our culture is fast-paced, inspired and fun. Our internship would span 12-16 weeks, and while full-time applicants are preferred, part-time applicants are also welcomed. We’re looking for people who’d prefer to be a part of a small team than a holding company. People who have a voice and want to be a part of building a great agency. If that’s you, we hope to hear from you.