UX - User Experience Research Intern
Do you thrive in a team-driven work environment? Are you always curious about the 'why' behind the 'what'? Do you nerd out about data? Ghost Note Agency is looking for a User Experience Research Intern to help uncover user insights and shape design strategy across a variety of web projects. Our ideal intern is inquisitive, organized, and ready to immerse themselves into users’ worlds. This position is for a design researcher who wants to gain experience in a small agency, refine their research process and deliverables, and is willing to push their creativity and skills.
Some tasks include but are not limited to:
- Conduct and support user research for web projects, with UX team
- Review site analytics, and conduct competitive analysis
- Assist with gathering client requirements and identifying client goals
- Generate user profiles and stories around key client requirements
- Conduct and support user interviews of existing and competitive products, with UX team
- Collaborate on research and discovery of web design patterns to inform user task flows
Qualifications and Skills:
- Inquisitiveness and empathy—Build lasting relationships with users and clients
- Interest in data—Interpret analytics reports to identify insights and user-engagement strategies
- Strong communication skills—Clearly present your findings, insights and ideas
- Collaboration—Operate comfortably within design and development environments
- Information architecture—Organize the pieces of complex systems into clear groupings
- Information management—Assist with the organization of content inventories, and prepare content for implementation
Other (Bonus) Skills:
- Background in Industrial / Product / Engineering Design
- Background in Behavioral Psychology
- Solid understanding of the iterative design process
- Ability to illustrate diagrams and wireframes using digital tools
This is an unpaid internship that includes a fulfillment of college credit requirements.
Ghost Note is located within the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Washington, D.C. We've been in business since 2011. Our culture is fast-paced, inspired and fun. This internship would span 12-16 weeks, and while full-time applicants are preferred, part-time applicants are also welcomed. We’re looking for people who’d prefer to be a part of a small team than a holding company. People who have a voice and want to be a part of building a great agency. If that’s you, we hope to hear from you.